Automated Cell Control Software
The Makino Advanced System-A5 (MAS-A5) cell control software monitors and controls the production requirements of the Makino MMC equipment. This PC-based solution handles a wide variety of parts and production requirements on multiple machines, providing flexible management while monitoring and scheduling resources within the MMC cell.
The MAS-A5 is the standard Makino global cell controller for all new installations of the Makino MMC2, MMC-R and MAG MMC systems. In most cases it can also be installed as an upgrade to existing Makino Model A2, Model B2, Model A3 and Model C systems, either on its own or in conjunction with the installation of new equipment into existing systems.
Graphical User Interface
– is intuitive and user-friendly, offering interactive status of equipment, processes and tools at a glance and supporting remote connectivity with multiple full-access user interfaces.
NC Program Management
– the software supports large NC programs and stores all programs on the MAS-A5 main PC hard drive.
Tool Resource and Tool Crib Management
– the MAS-A5 enables tool data to be accessed and modified, and it notifies the operator when required tools are not present or have exceeded their estimated life. Tools are managed both in and out of multiple machines from a single location and can be monitored and maintained offline.
Part Data Management
– work is tracked per process sequence, and all part-processing steps are maintained by the MAS-A5.
Multiple Process Sequences per Part
– the system automatically schedules work-setting and machining operations according to the defined part process sequences, recognizing material and machine availability.
Multiple Jobs per Process Sequence
– the MAS-A5 lets multiple jobs be assigned for each machining process and machine-to-machine processing of a process sequence.
Multiple Fixtures per Pallet
– there is no limit to the number of fixtures that can be logically assigned to an individual pallet.
Common Fixture Management
– multiple process sequences can be assigned to the same fixture and using material availability and user-assigned priorities. The MAS-A5 will automatically allocate work to the fixture.
Production Order Management
– multiple production orders can be created for each part defined in the system. Material and completed work is accurately tracked for each production order.
Dynamic System Scheduling
– the MAS-A5 system schedules work dynamically using priorities set for pallets, process sequences and production orders.
– the MAS-A5 system can manage offline pallets. Each pallet and part process entered into the system can be diagnosed to determine if there is missing data or resource availability causing the pallet or process not to be produced or released for production.
– there is a standard ability to set various inspection frequencies to alert the operator during workpiece unloading to inspect part process level, machine, fixture or first used tool.
On/Off Duty Mode and Auto Power Off
– the MAS-A5 can set a schedule as to when operators are on duty or off duty, enabling the machines to run unattended and make automated decisions even in the event of tool alarm conditions. The system can also set a schedule to automatically power off the machine and vehicle system, allowing the machines to run production until no more work is available.
– built-in reports are included for production data, tool data, production results, alarm history and utilization. This data can be exported and stored offline in multiple file formats.